Friday, September 02, 2011

Medical....

Well thinks seem to being really starting to move....

I rang the embassy doctors practice today and have booked the appointment for the boys and I to go for our visa medicals....

Our appointment is on the 16th September - 2 weeks from today....

The sad thing is that we have to travel down to London to get them done, so that adds train fares onto the already huge cost of £380 just for the medicals themselves....

However, the embassy will now send me a date for interview that will be a minimum of 5 days after the medicals. Apparently it takes 5 days for the x-ray and blood test results to get through to the embassy, and they do not like to interview without them - or so I am told. Of course that means that the soonest I could have to go for interview would be around the 23rd September, but depending on how busy they are, it could be way after that - hell it could even be after Christmas if they felt so inclined!

We are thinking though, that they will probably send us a date that is somewhere between the start and middle of October, which if all goes well, will mean that we would be able to move just after the beautiful A's 21st at the end of October....

I keep thinking about it and grinning to myself....

Not long now....

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, you have been chosen to recieve the prestegious
    "Versitile Blog Award"

    See my post tomorrow for details@
    joeh-thecrankyoldman.blogspot.com

    The Cranky Old Man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I have jst discovered your blog and look forward to following you on your journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lou,
    I did my medical on the 12th of september and sent in my pack on the 9th and am now playing the waiting game too. I understand your frustration and hope and pray we both hear from the embassy soon. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anonymous - I have been writing my blog now since April and you are the first person who has commented and told me they are also going through the same process.
    My completed pack arrived at the embassy on the 8th Sept (thanx to special delivery)so it looks like we are quite literally at the same point in the game as it were.
    I spoke with the embassy and they said it could be another 2 weeks before I hear anything.
    It would be great to compare notes etc - if you want to you can email me on loobie1805@gmail.com

    Keeping fingers crossed for you as well as us.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading what you think of my posts.

Lou :-)