Thursday, September 01, 2011

VISA News....

It is now 2 weeks since we heard that the USCIS had approved our I-129F petition. Our visa consulting company 'Global Visas' had told me that I should phone the National Visa Center at this point and just confirm that they had the correct contact information from me so that the US Embassy in London would also have the correct address to send the Embassy number to. I need the Embassy number to be able to submit the DS230, DS156, DS157 & DS156K forms for myself and the boys. The Embassy will not send us a date for interview without having processed these forms....

Anyway, during my lunch break today, I phoned the National Visa Center - in New Hampshire - from my mobile, in the UK! Yes I know I'm crazy but sometimes you just have to do crazy stuff! The lovely lady I spoke to on the phone checked and verified my contact details and asked if there was anything else she could help with. I just asked her if she could give me a rough idea how long it was likely to be before they sent my info to the Embassy in London, and then how long it could be before the Embassy sent me the Embassy reference number?

The lovely lady said "Oh I can give you the Embassy number now, and I can confirm that we sent the information by electronic mail to the US Embassy in London on the 25th August" - OMG I wasn't expecting that! I said, is this the number I need to be able to submit all the other paperwork, but she admitted she had no clue how the Embassy operated and suggested I ring them to check....

So I did - I rang them as soon as I got home from work this evening - and - yes the number I have is the number I have been waiting for. The advisor at the Embassy has told me to submit my paperwork and to phone the embassy doctors to arrange for me and the boys to go and get our medicals done.

Once the Embassy receive the paperwork, they will send out a date for me to go for my interview. If I pass the interview they will tell me there and then....

If all goes well, the boys and I will be in the US with my wonderful S by the end of October/ beginning of November....

Life has suddenly taken an upward turn and I am smiling today....





A wonderful place to shop

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! I feel like I should add that to my 'things that made me smile' post today! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it all works out soon!

    cranky old man

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the mojo returns :) Fantastic news! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading what you think of my posts.

Lou :-)