Saturday, September 24, 2011

Weekends are the worst....

After talking with my wonderful S, we have decided that weekends are the worst time for us....
During the week, we both have work to keep us busy, so time seems to fly by, but the weekends just seem to drag....
Obviously it is better here for me than it is there for S - I have the children to keep me going to a certain extent, but S is quite literally on his own, and the days really seem to drag....
I have suggested keeping the skype line open for the whole weekend to try and make the distance between us a little less, but somehow I don't really think that is going to help....


It has now been a full week since the boys and I attended our medicals in London, so the results should now be with the Embassy. Our final paperwork was all submitted before the medical and actually arrived at the Embassy on the 8th September (sent it by special delivery just so I would know exactly when it was signed for...lol). I have rung the Embassy to try and find out the state of play, but they tell me it could still be another couple of weeks before we hear anything which is a real pain in the ass, but I guess you can't rush these things and lets face it 'nothing worth having is ever easy'....

Pickfords - The Movers
I now have 10 boxes packed and ready to go just as soon as we get the go ahead. Pickfords have sent us an initial invoice which has been paid, so they are just waiting for confirmation of the pick up day, and then I just need to dispose of anything that isn't moving with us. I have made a couple of runs to the tip with stuff I don't want and isn't really any use to man or beast, and I am sure that there will be a few more in the next few weeks. If I am being honest, we are travelling very light - taking just personal possessions and no furniture except an antique chair and stool that I could not possibly leave behind. The one thing I do need to sort out is moving the beautiful A's stuff over to Mum & Dad's, but it isn't really practical to do that until after she has gone back to Uni, which actually is next weekend! I don't think that Mum & Dad will want me to bombard them with her stuff until we have a confirmed moving day though, so I might have to start boxing up her stuff and just storing it in her room for the time being...

I do still believe that we could be on track for flying on Halloween, and according to my igoogle countdown, that is only 36 days away...If I was to have my interview at the Embassy in the 2nd/3rd week of October then allowing time for the passports to come back to us, Halloween is definitely achievable, and my little jokes about hopping onto my broomstick will be able to come true....

All we can do is keep everything crossed and wait....



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're waiting on an exciting journey to start. I hope it all happens for you when you want it to.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading what you think of my posts.

Lou :-)