Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving....


OK, so on Thanksgiving you are meant to give thanks or be thankful for things so here are things I am thankful for - in no particular order of importance because they are all equally important:

  • My 3 wonderful children, who make every day of my life worthwhile
  • My fantastic family, who no matter what - stick together, love each other unquestionably and are support to each other even though we are now spread across the globe.
  • My fantastic new family - who have welcomed us with open arms and who love us as much as we love them.
  • My wonderful S, who has shown me what true relationship happiness is all about.
  • My fantastic friends, old and new. My list of true friends is short, but they are people I can count on no matter what and that is more important than having a hundred of them.
  • I am thankful that my Dad is well and his cancer is staying in its rightful place - the background shadows
  • I am thankful that my brother-in-law, and honorary big brother is also well and still very much with us, proving that the Docs don't always get longevity issues right!
  • I am thankful for my new life in the US. I had no real expectations of what life would be like here, but life is good and I am looking forward to owning our new home and setting down some real roots for the children.
Well our turkey is in the oven, and all the other prep is done. This is our first Bradt family Thanksgiving, and hopefully not our last. It is a wonderful experience, and I hope spending it with family, wherever they are is something that we continue to do.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Have a wonderful day

Lou :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading what you think of my posts.

Lou :-)